After the massive Grand Theft Auto leak last weekend, the hunt began for who was behind it. Now it looks like the person has been found, and on Friday the police in London confirmed that a 17-year-old has been arrested.
The young boy is charged with having committed several computer intrusions. The City of London Police has not officially confirmed that it is about the break-in at Rockstar, but according to journalist Matthew Keys, this is precisely what the 17-year-old is charged with.
On Twitter, Keys says that “he has received confirmation from his sources that the same person allegedly broke into Uber almost two weeks ago”. He is said to have already been arrested earlier this year for hacking Microsoft and Nvidia and is also charged with breaching the terms of his parole.
Since the leak, Rockstar owner Take-Two has worked hard to remove all videos and images that were posted online. However, the damage has already been done, and fans have, for example, started drawing up the world map based on leaked videos and images.